Monday, December 13, 2010

I am now really at a loss for words. It has been since August, I believe, that I wrote anything. In that time I have seen about 5 more doctors. I was told at Emory that I had Ovarian Remnant Syndrome and that was the reason for the extreme pain in my left side. So that Gyn Dr took me off the synthetic hormones because he assumed that the ovary growing back would be supplying me with adequate hormones.I stopped taking them and slowly turned into a even worse emotional wreck. My day consisted of the biggest roller coaster of emotions. I would be mad, furious, sad, crying uncontrollably and then mad again all in about 45 mins. Well need less to sat after 4 or 5 calls to a the GYN he finally realized that I needed to be back on them. Well finally my emotional state at least leveled out but this excruciating pain in my left side would not let up. I have been to so many Drs and ER's and repeated my story SO many times it is unreal.

The new GYN I saw at Auburn University was very understanding and sympathetic and did more tests on me and after looking through my records, he said I was the most complicated and complex case he had ever had. He said he could not believe everything that had happened. He told me that the Dr that did my original surgery seemed to do everything right except when it came to the bladder post surgery, I should have been monitored weekly until the residual post void was under 100 cc's, if that had been done I would not be living with Nuerogenic Bladder and having to self catheterize 4 times a day.

He suggested I go to my Gastro Dr and have a Colonoscopy. To make this long story a little shorter, I had the colonoscopy and it showed Diverticulitis and that I had several adhesions. They referred me to a surgeon to have the adhesions removed and for the first time I actually cried because I was so happy they finally found out what was wrong with me and I was about to be pain free and normal again.

I went to the surgeon and he said he didn't think that was the problem and he would not do the surgery, needless to say I totally fell apart in his office, I didn't understand. He was very short and walked out of the room. I was so devastated, I left there and went straight to my Gastro Dr's office because they have been great and I knew they would work something out ASAP! So they referred me to yet another Dr and I went the next day. ( Keep in mind every time I go to the Dr, I have a $60.00 copay, well not working, paying for Cobra Insurance and of course all the other bills, I am like HELLO, you know SOMEBODY please stop this insanity!!

The Gyn the next day said from the test results and the examination she did, it seemed my intestines or colon was adhered to the left side of my vaginal cuff and if you remember from reading before, the reason I had scar tissue on the left side of my vaginal cuff because the original dr that did the hysterectomy sewed my left ovary to my vaginal cuff when he did the hysterectomy, so here again I have a situation that has caused severe pain, problems, tests, dr visits, stress, loss of money and stress for my family. So the intestines that are supposed to be able to move to allow your body to remove waste from the body fell down into my abdominal cavity and because of the scar tissue from the vag cuff, it is adhered to the cuff and is causing extreme pressure and severe tension inside of my body and could cause perforation of my intestines and that would cause peritonitis that could possibly lead to death. But, I know that my God has me in his hand. I was told by the Gyn they would get me into a Colo rectal surgeon in town to fix this problem and as if it hasn't already happened a hundred times, they refer me yet again to ANOTHER Dr. I go back to Emory this week to see another surgeon, please, please pray that he will be able to help me.

I know that God and my family and friends and all the prayers have gotten me through this so far. I will never be able to thank them enough for sticking by me. Of Course there are some people that said they cared but just not enough, that is enough said.

I really need your help, I want to get this out to the right people that can make sure that the right people know about Dr's that ruin your life and also about the companies that make the mesh that is used for bladder slings and hernia repairs, the company knows that it has damaged people and the continue to use it. That IS IN HUMANE! Thank you for reading all of this and if you know someone that is going through a hard time physically, emotionally or both, please give them a great big hug and let them know they can count on your support.

PLEASE help me make sure this doesn't happen to any one else. It really still is an unbelievable nightmare!!

I will update this when I get back from Emory, in the meantime please send me any comments or suggestions on how to put a stop to this and help the people that have been damaged by the doctors they put their trust in.

Haope you all have the Merriest Christmas EVER!

I have been to the ER 2 times in the last 3 days, I

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurie,
    I recently had a partial vaginal hysterectomy. One week later I was at the ER in alot of pain on the left side. I was told that I had a hematoma form and there was infection as well. Stayed in hosp. another 4 days and went weekly to the dr. for the next 8 weeks. Just a few weeks ago my dr. says it looks like my left ovary has fallen into the cuff. I am not sure what to do. Dr. says I need to have it removed. I really wanted both ovaries! What happened with you and your ovary being sewn into the cuff? Thanks, Scotti

    ReplyDelete